City of Seattle Utility Discount Program
City of Seattle
U.S. Citizens and residents
The Utility Discount Program (UDP) offers eligible customers a 60% discount on their Seattle City Light bill and a 50% discount on their Seattle Public Utilities bill. UDP is available for income-qualified residential households.
- 60% off electricity bills – for Seattle City Light customers living in Seattle, Lake Forest Park, Normandy Park, Shoreline, Renton, Tukwila, Burien, SeaTac, and Unincorporated King County
- 50% off water, sewage and solid waste bills – for Seattle Public Utilities customers
- You are the homeowner or renter; if a landlord pays all utilities, qualifying low-income tenants may still be eligible for utility financial help.
- You have a Seattle City Light and/or Seattle Public Utilities bill in your name.
- As of June 1, 2017, Social Security recipients may deduct their Medicare Part B premium payments from their total household (gross) income to qualify for the Utility Discount Program.
- Your total household income in the one-month period prior to applying does not exceed the gross income, as shown (HERE)
- NOTE: Gross income is based on 70% of the state's median income. Refer to the program application for any additional eligibility requirements
I am a person who –
No items found.